4/23/11

musings

I picked up an excellent magazine recently, one of the Somerset Studio series, called Artful Blogging. There were many inspiring stories of women, artistic, creative women who found a place to share and talk by blogging.
One story in particular struck a chord - Kelly Letky of The Blue Muse wrote: "I learned not to take life for granted. I learned to live in the moment. I learned that you can't wait for tomorrow or next month or next year to reach for what's in your heart. I learned that I need to find the beauty in life, every single day.

"It took me some time to put what I'd learned into practice. I had to try some new paths and gain my footing. I had to walk around in circles for awhile. I wore some new hats to keep my head warm - jewelry artist, runner, and knitter. ... I kept losing my way. I kept forgetting to stay in the moment. ... I kept walking with my head down. I bumped into a lot of obstacles."

Reading this and the other stories in the magazine is what finally pushed me to start this blog and take my creative exploration more seriously. Thanks ladies!


I'm opening the gate and following the path .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!