6/24/11

journal page: summer


Today's prompt was Summer Traditions - we don't really have any.  So I just played on my page and it ended up being bright, colorful, busy and totally fun - kinda like summer!

I used a quilt illustration from a book as my background, added some bling ribbon, textured rice paper, some acrylic paint, stenciling, a little doodling, Natty's black scratches idea and voila - something new.  Be sure to visit In The Sun Online Course flickr group to see even more journal ideas or better yet, join in.

4 comments:

  1. Great work again! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilted background with the ribbon! Great page! Have a wonderful summer of creative fun, and thanks for visiting me! ~kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrie! This is beautiful. It is so spontaneous looking yet organized and balanced looking. I love this. I'm going to refer back to this one and refer it to my students in the fall when they are doing their sketch book covers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!