8/13/11

sunkissed

Inspiration Avenue's theme this week is "sunkissed".  I thought and thought and no new painting idea came to me.  So, I'm sharing an early watercolor painting I made for my son that I think fits (he loves bare trees).  It's the first one where I actually was aware of a light source and worked to keep it consistent throughout the painting.


Then I kept worrying the theme around in my mind and pulled up all our old beach pictures.  I found one with yellow loungers (sunkissed color, right?) so played with a little digital enhancements.....and came up with this.


The beach is in Salou, Spain and the palm tree overlay is from a Tahiti trip (there weren't palm trees in Spain).
What should have been a pretty easy theme actually was more difficult than I expected - can't wait to see everyone else's interpretations!

13 comments:

  1. That's what's fun about a challenge--there are so many ways to interpret it! Your tree watercolor is awesome! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:01 PM

    beautiful watercolor,, just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have come over from Inspiration Avenue. I love your entry. The tree is beautiful and the sky colors are wonderful. And I love your beach picture with the creative elements you have added. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:06 PM

    Love your Salou beach pic. Great job!
    Stay inspired!
    Michelle
    Brain Angles - Invisible Ink

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tree painting is terrific, evokes lots of emotions, the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tree and the light!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow your tree painting is totally gorgeous, such fabulous shading. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, I think you made both entries work very well for this week's IA challenge. Your tree is awesome, and of course, I love the digital enhancement of the loungers. I know how hard it can be sometimes to come up with the "perfect" challenge piece. Yours are both perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous - I love the watercolor - full of golden hues! The deck chairs are sooo clever. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both work for the sun kissed theme. Your digital piece is great but the tree is my favorite.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrie, both your entries are fantastic. The watercolor painting is beautiful, I love the warm colors and the peace that I see in this painting. The photo transformation is wonderful - I love how the yellow pops. Great work, both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tree picture is so pretty & dream like - beautiful! Great sun kissed loungers & effects on the photo!

    I didn't get my entry done in time but I did some inspiration gathering with my camera for my blog.

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for visiting my blog. Just want to say that this tree painting really speaks to me. It is some kind of gorgeous. I hope your son appreciates it as much as your viewers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!