10/4/11

texture tuesday: gratitude


This week I used some of the new techniques learned in Kim's Skinny Mini texturing class - it's free!  Per challenge instructions, I used a couple of Kim's textures (empty page and a gray smoosh that I've lost the name of) and her great technique to boost the contrast:  duplicate the original photo and change the blending mode to soft light - instant drama.  If it's too much, it's easy to reduce the opacity to achieve the look you want.  Then add a texture or two and experiment with the blending modes and opacity til you find a combo you like.  Thanks Kim!

Check out Texture Tuesday at Kim Klassen's Cafe to see other interpretations of 'gratitude'.  Also, I just found Photo Art Friday in my blog hopping and totally love this idea!  There are so many amazing photographers who love tweaking their images with a little Photoshop play and textures so visit this site to see some amazing creativity!  So for this week I'm having my gratitude do double duty.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is soooooooooo beautiful. You did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, I love the beautiful green setting off the gorgeous flower.Is this Crepe Myrtle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:26 PM

    Great job! It's oh so soft and gratitude is the perfect word to describe it :).
    Stay inspired!
    Michelle
    Brain Angles - Invisible Ink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the pink. The photo is very soft and very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful photo! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice, Terrie. I like using that little trick to boost the contrast too. Kim's classes are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flower and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:24 PM

    It's beautiful and I love the effects you added. Oh the Photo art thing sounds really cool..gotta check it out! Thanks!
    have a great weekend!
    ~Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terri this is so beautiful... I feel grateful that you have shared it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!