5/14/12

may flowers #13 & 14

Continuing my efforts to work daily in my art journal AND make a flower/day for May.....


Acrylic paint, watercolor, watercolor marker, white erase pen, stencil and black Pitt marker.  Layered background in bright colors covered over in white - love how that lets you build new layers but keep the depth of the colors underneath....


A little lighter on the floral aspect this time - some little spring blooming branch....again with the layers.  FUN!

Join Lori Moon for a time or two of flowers....who can resist?

8 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous, as well the flower as the bird. so soft but with lots going on on the page. yummi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pages, love the delicate colours! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have awesome handwriting. Never cover it up or hide it away!! As for those flowers? I think they are adorable. I much prefer the abstract flowers and your first entry has shades of Traci Bautista. As for the second, I would be in hog heaven if I could draw a bird and flowers like those. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pages, loving these, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful Terrie! I really have to practice my background layering techniques--yours are great. Love your little bird! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:56 AM

    Super pages! Your little bird is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:23 AM

    Great Terri, so painterly and soft. Love the bird on the branch, saw lots of those in DC this past weekend. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrie - these are beautiful! I love those little blooms on the branches. I need to work on backgrounds. Thanks so much for supporting my flower challenge this month and playing along.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!