6/9/12

books

Books.  I love books.  I love to read them, smell them, feel the paper.  I am inspired, entertained, moved by them.  I love to display them, share them, and sometimes give them away.  I want everyone to be reading a good book.  Here are a few of my favorite book images from my Pinterest board....

Creative and stunning handmade books by Camden Richards, artist     via Liminal-Press.com
Handmade book by Camden Richards, Liminal-Press.com

oh yes.
Tumblr.


Tricia Wilson, tumblr


Designed and folded by French artist Lucille Moroni


An intricately altered book by Yerden Uzak

Pinned Image

Stitched altered book
Stitched altered book by artist Lisa Kokin.

dining room with books  What better place to store books than a little used dining room?! Adds instant warmth and what opportunities for dinner conversation! (no, this isn't actually my room, just an inspiration room)

Small, handmade books    Noela Mills artist, wabisabiart.blogspot.com
Small handmade books by Noela Mills, WabiSabiArt.blogspot.com  (I recently won one of her books and can't wait to receive it - will be sure to share when it arrives.)

If you enjoy a good book now and then, be sure to check out my Book tab at the top menu where I'm tracking everything I read this year and I always give a quick review in Goodreads if you want to 'friend' me there.

I know there's likely still lots of folks who have issues with Pinterest - I've read and followed the news and know they've made great strides in fixing many of the main complaints against the site.  Now when you pin something, the pin retains the original site so if you click on the image, you are taken to the originating website (a huge improvement).  As with most internet things like tumblr or stumble upon or whatever, there are careless users who don't credit where they sourced the image.  I always do.  I want to share your blogs and comments and beautiful artwork with others - but always including your name and often your blog address as well.

Every once in awhile I come across someone who doesn't want their images pinned and I honor that request.  If you're one of those that wish people wouldn't pin your images, consider putting a disclaimer at the top of your page so it's always in view or, I know there's a way to block Pinterest because I've encountered it a couple of times.  Research and implement blocking and protecting your blog.  In the mean time, I'm going to continue to use it, responsibly, because it gives me such pleasure to be able to browse through all that inspiration in one convenient place.  What are your thoughts?


12 comments:

  1. Books in all forms have always been my best friends, and sometimes my only ones! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books...to read books, to bind books, to look at books....you found some great inspiration here....have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I collect books... art books... addictively.... and am running out of space. Is that your dining room? Fabulous storage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:35 PM

    I love all the images. I'm one who doesn't want to be Pinned, but I didn't realize I had to put a disclaimer on my blog. I'll check into that. Thanks.
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O love the pinspiration! Can't wait to see your book by Noela Mills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:04 PM

    Fantastic dining room. Love your books, your modern chairs and old claw foot table, charming. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful bookalish tour. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post- the inspiration is just pouring off the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luscious, luscious books! I love Snap's term, pinspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrie, I know I should be talking about books, but I nearly fell off my computer chair when I saw your dining room table. At first I thought it was like mine, but mine has four round columns that hold the claws, and one center column for stability. BTW, I love quarter-sawn oak and skirt beading. Have I mentioned I'm a fan of this type of table? You have a pretty awesome table, if I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you're a woman after my own heart with all this book goodness. Can't wait to see your Noella Mills book! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess I am like a book, I want all my ideas to be shared and loved by everyone. I even host Project Pinterest and yes, we ask that everyone gives credit to the orginal source, although I rarely copy something but rather use it as an inspiration, I guess you could catergorize me as a library book, checked out by many, sometimes used and abused but it's all worth while when you are appreciated by at least one person! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too, me too... simply adore books!!! :]
    Thank you for sharing all these beautiful photos of books. <3
    Amazing what some artists can create with a book, such wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!