1/3/13

a swap & mail art news

A quick FYI - I just read over at Inspiration Avenue that they're planning the first swap of the year - Tags with Hearts.  Any kind of tag -gift, luggage, hang tags or even bookmarks - with a heart in the design....in honor of heart month and Valentines.  The early notification gives you a heads up - if you're ready to jump in and flex those creative muscles this early in the year, this is an easy one to get started on.  Details will be posted next week so check their site....

More good news - Karen has posted two new MMSA prompts for January so it's time to get your mail art mojo working...... I'm busily working in blue!  We'd love to expand the number of participants so if you've ever thought about exchanging a little mail art, this is the perfect time to start.  Karen is quick to encourage everyone, beginners or long-time artists, to participate.  Join in, your mail box will thank you.


I got my ATC cards for Sandy Hook in the mail to Jessica (In Search of Dessert) - she provided each participant with a quote to use, so while each card is different, front and back, the sentiment is the same.  I used some of my own photography on some of the cards.

Here's one more tidbit to share - I've decided to join Hanna in the 365 challenge (commit/try to make/do/create 365 of something of your choice - collages for me) and so has Michelle at Lost Coast Post. She's going to make 365 character drawings!  Anyway, she posted a great reflection on tackling a project like this and how to make it more workable.  It's worth a read if you're considering a year long commitment to anything.


3 comments:

  1. You are a veritable whirlwind Terrie. Will you never run out of oomph? I look forward to your collages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many swaps and challenges to play with...i gotta get my mojo back!! love the ATC cards and how you incorporated your photos. keep having fun! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!