2/13/13

birthday art

I've been busy working on a gift for Dan's 60th - I gave him a book of memories and notes from 60 friends and family but since it was a secret, it was hard to find time to do all the emails, design, print, and assemble the book.  But it was worth it!

Here's the finished product.... I made the cover - covered chipboard with scrapbook paper...not too hard.  I was out of time to really make it more....


The lighting makes it look yellower than it is, but you get the idea.  I used the rings so I could add any late-comers that might show up :), plus it was easiest.  I used digital brushes etc for the page decor and then used an occasional splash of washi to jazz things up.  The best part?  His smile and chuckles as he read through memories from his childhood, college and working days.


8 comments:

  1. Oh Terrie, such a beautiful and thoughtful gift!! Just lovely! That Dan is such a lucky guy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terrie, I am delighted that you love my postcard! I was pretty nervous thinking what if she doesn't like it...my first postcard swap ever!
    I had a look at your collages and love their brightness and energy.
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:05 PM

    Glad he enjoyed your very creative gift. Wish him Happy Birthday!
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wonderful book, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:26 AM

    What a great idea and I am sure Dan loved it. He can look at it whenever he needs some loving.....xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a thoughtful and delightful idea Terrie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww... such a special gift, Terrie! :]
    You are a sweetheart of a wife.. I am sure your Hubby was over joyed with his gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:34 AM

    Adore purple and blue #1 collage....I am liking those colors so much right now. Great outgoing and incoming.....mail box love is so fun. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!