2/17/14

week 7 for 365-2

February 10-16
We had major birthday celebration activities that interfered with my art making time this week.  We had a combined weekend celebration for a bunch of friends turning 60 this year - food, talk and laughter, a little whirlyball activity (basically bumper car basketball), more food, some drinking here and there....you get the picture.  Nonetheless I managed to get some artsy stuff done....

#41 - round robin zine page sent off to Dori

#42 - Documented Life, wk 7 theme is to use a repeating shape and add color.  I picked hearts in honor of Valentine's Day.

I like adding flaps, tip-ins, foldovers, stuff to hide and surprise.  Below is what's under the flaps.  On the left is my weekly log of artsy doin's.

stitches, doodles, scrapbook paper, lettering

#43 - spent a half hour before work making a few postcards..... using my favorite base material, cardboard from a pepsi/popcorn/cereal box.

#44 - My buddy Jo has been bugging encouraging me to submit collages to the International Collage Exhibition and Exchange.  I've admired her collages and paintings since we met so I was a little intimidated, but finally decided to go ahead and participate this year.  So I got busy.....I chose a few of my favorites from last year's 365 collages and added some new ones:  (they're about 5x7 and mounted on 8x10 watercolor paper). There's still time for you to participate if you're interested (March 20 deadline) - check out the link above.
deli paper, ephemera, textured wallpaper, typeface from my vintage book on tan cardstock

#45 - another collage with gelli paper, white novelty paper, feather and a bit of copper flashing on cardstock
#46 - I love the contrast using a black background gives- all novelty papers from Dick Blick
#47 - collage with scribbled-on deli paper, handmade (not by me) papers, book edges, and a round bead (the background is actually a light tan, not this pinkish color the scanner manufactured!)
That wraps up another busy creative week.  Hope you enjoyed your week and found time to be creative!


2 comments:

  1. Love these Terrie....am so glad you are joining in. Hope I get one of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:56 AM

    I know Jo....mentioned it to me too, maybe I will get around to it. Love your leafy cards...so cheery. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!