9/11/14

pinterest love: DIY for home

I have been periodically sharing some of my favorite images and links from my pinterest boards.  Previously I've shared Art: Stripes, Art: Circles, Art: Floral, Art: Dimensional, and Art: Figures.  I'm going to shake it up this time and NOT share an art board.......how about some DIY ideas for around the home?

From my DIY for the Home board:

This is the most genius thing I have seen in a while!! Totally uses that dead space in the closet and keeps it really easily accessible..
A clever idea to store wrapping paper in the dead space of a closet.  The post has 10 more excellent holiday storage ideas.

Turquoise coffee...love this. You can spray paint coffee any color you like and use it for filler in candle holders and dishes.
No credit on this one - it's from Tumbler.  You can spray paint coffee beans any color to use a vase or candle holder filler and match your decor (and smell good).



Life Without Expectations:  Use a 12x12 piece of tile from the home improvement store, back with felt and enjoy an unusual placemat.

I love simple, graphic pillow designs; use felt to make the design and hand or machine stitch to a cover.....go whimsical (Corinne, your new home surely needs one of these funky pillows) or classic.

...felt..   Felt & stitching (no link)

  Quilted pillow cover, but would be super easy in felt.  SewKateyDid pillow

Birds on a Wire felt embroidery pillow- so cute and easy to make!
Bird on a Wire pillow by Sweet C's Designs - simple felt bird shape (or whatever shape you like - how about a leaf or pod shape?)

stitch or stamp it - anniv gift?  Stamped, stitched, painted?  On linen, burlap?  And, unfortunately, no link.


pntdchr2
Just look at this fun chair!  A makeover with spray paint and a stencil or lace.  RoadKillRescue

a tree branch in three frames art  A fun, bring-the-outside-in art project.  No link.

jewelry holder with drawer pulls  Make a jewelry holder with door hardware.  The Berry


My latest decoupage project. I bought vintage stools and made them a matched set.
A great way to add pizzazz to a stool top - who doesn't love a good collage?!  Tumbler


Enlarge an old envelope in your grandmother's handwriting
Frame an enlarged photo of an old envelope (maybe your mom or grandma's handwriting?)  no link

I have 140 more projects pinned.  I noticed that a lot more of these DIY pins don't have live links or lead to blocked links.  Hmmmm.  Visit me on Pinterest to see what else I've found around the web.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!