6/5/15

ICAD merges with 365 project

This will do it - this will get me back in the saddle - this will get my creative juices flowing again! It's June, so it must be time for ICAD (index card a day).  Sponsored/hosted by Tammy at Daisy Yellow  This is my 4th year participating and I love it because it's so easy, so low stress, such a great way to keep a toe (or painty finger) in art but without a big time commitment since it is summer after all.

The idea is to make something, anything, on an index card.  I happen to prefer the 4x6 size but many use the standard 3x5. I like the bigger size and some of them eventually become mail art. I buy them by the stack at the dollar store and have found that I use them all year long to experiment and play on, not just at ICAD time.  As Tammy says, " Don't worry about catching up.  The important thing is to start."

Mine are doing double duty as my 365 project creative pieces AND ICAD pieces - here I go:

ICAD 1, 2

ICAD 3,4 - working on a little pear theme.... (inktense pencils)


ICAD 5 - still feeling the pear.....this one with oil pastels.


ICAD #6  - yep, pear collaged!  (it looks more like a pear in person :))


This covers 365 #115-120. Still a month behind, but I'm working on it.

Have a fabulous weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You'll get there. I've signed up for Jane's self-help 'Dynamic Composition'. Can do it at my own pace...after I get this particularly busy week behind me. Also doing Carla Sonheim's 'Cats'...fun and quirky. Guess I'm addicted to art...who'd've thought?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:38 PM

    Oh the pears are wonderful, and why not merge, great idea. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!