4/21/16

sketching continues

Didn't do as many sketches last week - will have to try to do better this week. I did finally invest in some artist quality watercolors for the first time so was eagerly awaiting my Dick Blick shipment this week.  I changed up my palette and added the new colors, then had to draw it!


I also ordered a couple of new sketchbooks - ones that seem to be favored by most of the urban sketchers I've been reading.  I got a Pentalic small 3x5 one (below) and then a larger one with heavier paper more suited to watercolor, a Stillman & Birn, alpha series (above).

I sat on my deck after work and drew this little sketch of my yard into the neighbor's.  We have a gorgeous red maple shrub that dominates this viewpoint.


We went to Virginia City to visit family - Dan's mom will be 93 in a couple weeks.  We stayed with his brother and wife and they have this lovely yard - tough to sketch, but I gave it a shot.  First time I painted on site in real time.  And, I did it all with no yellow - I totally ran out of yellow paint so couldn't get some of the greens I wanted, but.......the overall capture is fine.


Hope you're in the midst of a creative week!  Practice, practice, whatever your interest ---- do more of it!  :)


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:04 AM

    You sure are having a wonderful time with your urban and country sketching. Nice work. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're sketching is fabulous, and I'm delighted to see you doing so much. Keep'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot damn, Terrie - you've taken to the sketching thing with a vengeance! Love the Virginia City yard sketch. The little one is good too. Good for you for persevering.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!